Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sugar Free Peppermint Syrup

I was very excited when I saw this recipe from MomAdvice last week. So excited in fact I made a sugar free recipe that day. I think this syrup would make a great gift addition to a hot cocoa basket along with marshmallows, cocoa mix, candy canes and a mug.

Homemade Peppermint Syrup

Ingredients:

1 cup sugar (I used SPLENDA)
1 cup water
2 teaspoons peppermint extract

Directions:

In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. Stir in the peppermint extract. Cool to room temperature and store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to three months.


Additionally, I used by DOLCE-GUSTO Piccalo one pot coffee maker to make the Mocha. I used the Skinny Cappacino pods, added 1 T of baking cocoa and 2 packets of splenda. This is a new favorite!!! Here is the recipe if you don't have a one pot option.


I'm linking to Tuesdays at the Table, Full Plate Thursday, What's Cooking Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment