Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, November 18, 2011

Hand Made Christmas: Embroidery

One of the least expensive things I have figured out to do with crafting is to embroider. I have a ton of books with have designs in them, but often what I end up doing is printing a saying or verse out on paper, laying scrap material over it and tracing it with a fine tipped pen. I then use the back stitch to line the words. After that I will flip through my books and find a design to decorate the saying. After this step I often will frame the design, but you could also add it to a pillow!

The above design was gifted to the friend who game me this quote at a time when I really needed to hear it. She loves pink, so pink accents were a must!

Here's why I love it:
1) I have a ton of scrap material, so this is a great way to use it up.
2) It's quick
3) It's cheap!
4) It's personalized both with words and colors
5) It's super easy

This is a saying I saw on facebook and pulled off. I think it would make a great addition to a home! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment