Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup

The best part about soup is that it can really be used to empty out the fridge and pantry!

When I make soups I go really heavy of the veggies and make it more of a stew then soup. I also fill my 8 qt crock pot until it's full, not necessarily using specific measurements. This soup has quickly become a favorite.

low sodium chicken stock (If I need extra liquid I will just add water)
1 can rotel (I like the Mexican one)
1 jar medium salsa
corn
carrots
peppers
black beans
cooked shredded chicken
whatever else you enjoy!

Add all ingredients together and put in crock on low. I like to top with some corn chips, fat free sour cream and avocado. Shredded cheese is always nice too. To really freshen it up add cilantro and green onion just before serving. I get about 8 large servings from my crock pot. I freeze in individual servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment