Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Crock Pot Apple Crisp

When I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it. It was a HUGE hit and super simple.

I made 3 adjustments: 1) I used light brown sugar 2) I used pre-cut apples with skins still on
3) I added walnuts in addition to the pecans.

I will be making this again SOON!

Apple Crisp in the Slow Cooker

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup brown sugar (dark brown is best)
  • 1 cup quick oats
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 3-4 cups peeled and sliced apples
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Stir the first 3 ingredients together. Cut the butter in with a pastry blender or fork to make soft crumbs.
  2. Combine the apples, cranberries and pecans in a large bowl. Stir in half the crumbs, mixing to coat all the apples. Pour into greased crock of the slow cooker.
  3. Stir water, sugar and cinnamon together. Pour over apples.
  4. Top with remaining crumbs.
  5. Put the lid on the slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours. Open and let rest a few minutes before serving. This will allow the extra liquid to thicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment