I made 3 adjustments: 1) I used light brown sugar 2) I used pre-cut apples with skins still on
3) I added walnuts in addition to the pecans.
I will be making this again SOON!
Apple Crisp in the Slow Cooker
- 1 cup brown sugar (dark brown is best)
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3-4 cups peeled and sliced apples
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Stir the first 3 ingredients together. Cut the butter in with a pastry blender or fork to make soft crumbs.
- Combine the apples, cranberries and pecans in a large bowl. Stir in half the crumbs, mixing to coat all the apples. Pour into greased crock of the slow cooker.
- Stir water, sugar and cinnamon together. Pour over apples.
- Top with remaining crumbs.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours. Open and let rest a few minutes before serving. This will allow the extra liquid to thicken.