Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Book Review: The Grace of God

My latest book for review from Book Sneeze is The Grace of God by Andy Stanley. I have been so incredibly blown away from this book it has made it to my top ten best books ever list. Andy Stanley is a very well established author, yet this is the first book I have read of his.

What I most appreciated about this book is the insight Stanley gives to the Old Testament. As Stanley takes the reader on a journey from character to character he tells the story of God's pursuit of relationship in a fresh and clear way. Not only does Stanley give new insight into the lineage of Jesus, he gives historical perspective that allows the reader to understand the Israelites in a new way.

My understanding of how amazing God's grace is has been deepened, and I have also gained a new perspective on how the Bible is a group of stories that actually tell one larger story.

I think this book would be amazing for a new believer or someone who has grown up in the church. I give it 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment