Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Book Review: Close Enough to Hear God Breathe

My latest book to review for Book Sneeze was Greg Paul's Close Enough to Hear God Breathe.

I really found the format of this book to be interesting. I loved the questions at the end of each chapter. I found them to be much more though provoking then most questions in the back of books. I also liked that he continued to remind the reader to create a dialogue with him.

Over all, I really found this book to be just ok. I am not sure if it is because this concept has been one I've read back to back books on for a long time now, or because the content just wasn't fresh, but what ever the reasoning, I really wouldn't pull this off the book shelf to recommend.

I appreciated Paul's approach to writing, he keeps a consistent dialogue with the reader and even gives warning about up coming "tough" writings, but over all, this was just ok. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your review of this book. I was hesitant to post my own review of it because I didn't have something "glowing" to say about it. It just left me wondering where the passion was. After I read your review, it was easier for me to write my own and say just how I felt. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete