Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

CWW: It was one of THOSE games


Well, we had a rough start to the season. Honestly, I think the whole coaching staff knew winning would have been a miracle, but no one expected to lose 13-51. There was a 5 minute stretch where the other team scored 21 points, and if you got rid of those 5 minutes it was actually a competitive game. We have a tradition that after a game we celebrate. Win or Lose, we celebrate. We point out things that went well, we celebrate family who is in town, and as of last year, my husband does the majority of this with a kid on his shoulders and one next to his side, usually hanging on his leg. Most might think this shocking: "Aren't you worried about what your sons might hear in that circle?" Nope, I'm not. We're not that team. We don't pout and swear and give up....we celebrate.

After a game I usually get a lot of texts and calls. Everyone wants to know what happened, but no one wants to bug Coach. I'm ok with that, as long as no one wants a long chatting time, games wear me out too! :) I was in and out of the post game circle as I was responding to calls but I did hear my husband wrap things up.

James 1:2-3 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Yep, my husband turned to the parents, fans and recruits and quoted James 1:2-3, reminded everyone that allowing a defeat to consume you is not how God designed things.

Consider it pure joy: be thankful!
whenever you face a trail: when you lose a tough game and feel embarrassed and defeated
the testing of your faith produces perseverance: YES LORD, I WILL praise you in this storm!f

I know some of you are thinking, gee wiz, it's a football game! Yes it is! And to a 18 year old boy that football game, and how a coach responds, is a perfect teaching tool. The skill of praising God in a storm comes from practice, it's NEVER easy, but practice creates habit. Tough time in marriage? Dealing with a death? Money troubles? Man, I feel emotionally hit by a truck, kind of like I did on that football field after that awful loss...Yes LORD, I WILL praise you!

Linking this with Seeds of Faith Women

1 comment:

  1. Lord I will praise you! What a great lesson for all of us. To praise no matter what :)

    ReplyDelete