Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Coach's World Wednesday: Game Day Strategy


This year I've decided to give my boys (6 and 4 1/2) more ownership over game day. In the past I have loaded up the CR-V with all the toys I have seen them play with over the week. Of course, this would not include light sabers, but I've even loaded the laptop up for a rest-time movie. Well, with rest time non existent this year I decided to stop driving myself crazy strategizing about what crap...I mean toys to bring so that I can watch the game. I purchased myself and each of the boys one of these organizing totes from 31 gifts. I chose this bag for several reasons:
1) I have one I use for Bible Study and LOVE it.
2) It is lined and easy to clean up if there is a spill
3) It's an easy size for the boys to carry, yet small enough they won't be able to bring anything to heavy
4) I got a great deal on them :)

On game day I handed each of the boys their bag and asked them to pack it with everything they needed for the game including traveling to and from. They were told if something was to big for the bag to bring it to me and I would decided if it could go. They each grabbed 3 toys, a snack and water bottle and asked me what I was packing. I think they figured I would pack stuff for them as well. I re-explained they were in charge of their own bag and I wasn't bringing anything for them.

Both boys discovered that they would have brought something different (like a larger snack) but that is something they can fix for next weekend.

1 comment: