Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, September 9, 2011

Book Review: Introducing a new baby resources

Recently for work I read through a few children's books. I found 2 that really stood out as ones I would recommend.


Of all the books I read I found this one to introduce the need for Mommy to breastfeed the clearest and most applicable. Many of the books I read spent most of the book comparing the mother and baby to different animals around the world and then simply saying "baby needs to eat too." Sears book actually takes the time to address the older child's feelings and presents the whole situation of bringing home a new baby.


This book is fun, has great illustrations, and does a great job of helping a child to understand a desire to "eat from the whole rainbow." Over all I really liked the cheery attitude of the book. I felt that it was written for the audience intended. I could picture my 6 year old reading this book to my 4 year old and both asking to make a fruit kebab to match the rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment