Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Veggie Pasta Primivera Summer Style



Our grocery store had a whole section of freshly gardened veggies from local farmers. I took one look at the eggplant and knew I was going to attempt a fun dinner recipe. Sorry for the poor pictures, I took them from my phone in a rush.

Ingredients:
2 nice sized eggplant (make sure it's firm)
3 medium sized zucchini
24 oz. of steak sliced mushooms (or cremini or portabellos)
1 jar of favorite maranara (I used Trader Joe's Tomato Basil)
1 box of favorite pasta (I used bow tie, but to make healthier of course use a whole grain or whole wheat pasta)
1 8oz bag of Kraft Italian shredded cheese

Dice all veggies to similar sizes. I sauted half in evoo and half in chicken broth (it actually took me 3 batches to get all the veggies cooked). Meanwhile cook up pasta.

Once veggies are sauted and pasta is cooked combine, add sauce then cheese. That can be served immediately or placed in a 9x13 pan and refrigerated. If you choose to refrigerate it I would reserve some cheese for the top. Bake at 350 to until cheese is melted and pasta is warmed through.

I split this meal in half and gave it to another family of 4, we both had leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment