Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Monday, August 15, 2011

Book Review: Read This Before Our Next Meeting

Well it's officially football season here in the 'ville and we are spending the next few weeks eating with the team in the dining commons! Usually this is met with looks of curiosity, so I'll give you the short answer. This allows my boys to see their father for an hour a day instead of going 2 weeks without seeing him and I don't have to cook! :) So, since I'm not giving a menu I'm writing another book review!

Read this before our next meeting by Al Pittampalli is the newest book I read for The Domino Project as a Bzz Reporter.

I have to say, I loved this essay/book! It reads a bit like a rant at the beginning with the author making an excellent point. We feel the need to have a meeting for everything, and ever meeting we have makes us less productive because it takes us away from our actual work!

I loved the way Pittampalli redefined what a meeting should actually look like. The responsibility of decision making was placed right back where is should be, the leader making the decision. Additionally, the responsibility to be informed is placed right back in the hands of each individual, if you don't know what the meeting is about, you don't get to attend.

I would suggest this book for anyone who has to conduct a lot of meetings or is looking for ways to streamline work processes.

No comments:

Post a Comment