Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend in STL posted by phone






We had what I am dubbing a "Family Huddle Weekend" this weekend. Football starts full swing next week and we wanted to make some fun-non football memories with the boys. Originally we had planned to head to Holiday World, but then with my starting a new job I didn't want to take the extra travel time. Then we were going to explore St. Louis and do as many free things as we could squeeze in, but with a week in the 100's and another one on the way I couldn't justify that. SO, we headed to NASCAR at St. Louis Mills for the day Friday, grabbed some fro-yo on the way out. We stayed in a hotel in STL over night and after a yummy dinner at Union Station we fed the fish. The next morning we slept in (for us anyway) and headed to The Magic House. This was all of our first time at The Magic House and we finally gave up seeing everything after 4 hours and headed out for lunch, a few errands (like hitting up Trader Joe's! :) and got back just in time for dinner out near home and a movie.

The boys had SO much fun all weekend and I know the hotel added to the feeling of the whole weekend being special. We had planned on hitting the City Garden Friday evening, but we didn't get dinner until 8 and the boys were pretty tired.

I don't have as many phone pics as I would have liked b/c I didn't do a good job of keeping my cell battery charged. Thankfully, we had the camera with us and my photo crazy hubs documented every second of our weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment