Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Perspective

All summer long I've had to run errands with 2 little sets of watchful eyes. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but a year of learning at Kindergarden has made our oldest quite the curious one. Besides having to explain the difference between a highway, freeway (thank you TomTom), country road, city road and just plain road there have been dozens of questions surrounding the bank, depositing a check and the atm machine/card. My confused 6 year old can not seem to grasp the concept of why I wouldn't just hand over my paycheck to pay for something, and instead have to go to the bank, get cash and then sometimes use my debit card. The other day I found myself finally saying "Buddy here's the thing, you need to just trust me on this one. You will have plenty of time to figure this whole bank stuff out, but for now just know you are protected. Mommy and Daddy understand enough for all of us and you will have bills paid for.

My 6 year old has a perspective on the world and every day his eyes are opened more and more to everything around him. My perspective is SO much bigger then his. Here's the coolest part, God's perspective is even bigger then mine. There are times in our walk where we are called to just trust in the moment. For me those are the hardest times. I want to know the whole story, but for whatever reason God doesn't always reveal things when we want. Perhaps it's because it's just not something we could wrap our heads around yet?

John 10:13-15

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

13 He flees because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep. 14 (A)I am the good shepherd, and (B)I know My own and My own know Me, 15 even as (C)the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and (D)I lay down My life for the sheep.


I'm linking this with Seeds of Faith Women

No comments:

Post a Comment