Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, July 15, 2011

Book Review: 31 Days to Clean

This book has become a large topic of chatter on many of the blogs I read. After reading my friend Steph's comments about this book I knew I still wanted to read it, but figured I should take her approach and read through it first. SO, I read the book with 2 sheets of legal paper next to me and made lists. (Yes I'm a nerd). The first list was the Martha tasks suggested at the end of each chapter. The second list was the Mary tasks and all other quotes I gleaned while reading. The second list was twice as long as the first.

I really liked this book. I actually skimmed through it in an afternoon and went back and reviewed certain chapters over the next week. I liked her flow with the cleaning and felt that her suggestions were completely doable for daily tasks. The only thing I didn't like is that I am guessing by the the time you get to #30 on the list you may feel the need to go back and redo #2. (just an example). Now that I have the list all written out and the author helpfully divided each by rooms I think I may just take a day and work through each room. (After the kids are back in school :))

The Mary parts of this book were great for me. If you haven't figured out I'm more on the Martha spectrum, so being reminded there is a whole different perspective on things is always good. Taking 10 minutes a day to regroup on the "big picture", staying focused on just 6 things a day to work towards and working towards having the fruits of the spirit most evident in our house are great challenges I am excited to implement now.

I think this book is a great resource for any wife/mom trying to turn home or "pit stop" into a haven where people can feel relaxed, welcomed and over all rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment