Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sometimes God just knows best

This year has been a really rich year of learning for me. I attribute that in large part to the ages of my children and the fact that I actually had a few minutes each day to focus on God instead of 2 needy infants or toddlers. I felt very strongly that this year was to be a year of waiting, watching and learning. I devoured every book, Bible study and conversation that came my way and chose to (for probably the first time ever) respond in obedience instead of fight God each step of the way.

As this season of waiting and watching went on one thing became apparent, I was going to seen an end to that time fairly quickly and needed to take some steps to prepare for a new path being laid out. I sought council with women far wiser then myself, prayed and journaled more consistently that I had in years, and all arrows seemed to be pointing the same direction. Graduate School. 8 years prior, before beginning our adventure in the middle of a corn field, I had applied to graduate school with the intention of receiving a degree in higher ed. I was finally at a place to begin to pursue that dream again. I sought more council, prayed more about it, and set my resume out for 2 jobs. Both positions are a perfect fit for my talents, strengths and heart, both positions are jobs that are part time and will allow me to continue to serve my husband and children the way I desire, and both jobs couldn't be more different from each other.

I had a lean one way, but really, knew I would be thrilled with either position. I waited and waited, and of course things happened way slower then I thought they should, but eventually, the right job came along, and the right time, but it wasn't the job I was leaning towards. So now, I have a way to pay for grad school, and a job that is a career, not just a job. I'm feeling blessed, excited, and nervous, and most of all, that this is completely from God.

The ironic part is, even though I have been accepted to grad school, and have a way to pay for it, I'm going to enter into a second period of waiting. There are so many degrees out there, and there are plenty of career paths to choose from, I want to make sure I continue to hear correctly and act obediently and right now I'm hearing wait. I was surprised by the job I was offered, but the longer I sit here the more I realize it's exactly what should have happened.

Jeremiah 29:11-14
For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,’ declares the LORD, ‘and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,’ declares the LORD, ‘and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.’

I'm linking this with Seeds Of Faith Women

5 comments:

  1. It's so great to look back and see that when things didn't work out as we planned God has a better plan. I hope all goes well in your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an encouraging post! It's exciting to see what God is doing in your life, and even more exciting is knowing you've allowed Him to lead you in this journey. Thanks so much for sharing. Happy iFellowship! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome! What a beautiful testimony of what a waiting heart of the LORD looks like and how he provides beyond our dreams. So excited for you. First time visitor. I can't wait to go check out more. Happy iFellowship :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! I want to know about the job, though - so email me!! :) Congrats on both fronts and welcome to the (graduate school ) family - both loved and hated in my household! :)

    ReplyDelete