Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pizza Sauce



The other night I went to make pizza, I had the dough made and went to the pantry to grab tomato sauce only to realize, I only had diced tomatoes! A quick search on all recipes.com confirmed my worse fear, tomato sauce includes tomato paste, which I didn't have. I decided to improvise and I'm actually pleased with the results!

15 oz. diced tomatoes
1-2 T italian seasoning (or pizza seasoning)
1 heaping T of minced garlic
1 T ketchup

I ended up adding the ketchup to thicken it up and I was really pleased with the results.

Throw in a blender and combine.

I divided and froze the rest, I should get 3 more pizzas out of this recipe.


2 comments:

  1. Now thatis my kind of recipe. Things I always have on hand. Come over and visit us today. We have a wonderful chilled soup recipe and a give away from the Fairy Hobmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a great sauce, you have a great pizza. This is a great sauce, where is my pizza? Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon. Have a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete