Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Heads Up!

Colossians 3:1-3 "Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God."

One of the most challenging things for me is the stand tall. I developed a bad habit of slouching at some point, and as I've gotten older, held my babies and had muscles weaken I have noticed especially in pictures how poor my posture has gotten. There are some very easy things I can do to correct this bad habit.

1) back strengthening exercises-focus on the weak area
2) accountability-I can ask my husband to take notice of when I slouch and gently remind me to correct it
3) take notice and self correct-if I simply take the time every hour or so to notice how I am sitting or standing and focus on doing it correctly I will begin to develop a new, healthier habit

When it comes to my thought life, I can easily find myself entering into a bad habit as well. Self doubt, mistrust, sarcastic responses, negative attitudes; all these thoughts can become consuming if I let them. When I think about it, there are some pretty easy things I can do to change this bad habit as well.

1) strengthening exericses-focus on the positive, memorize scripture,
2) accountability-ask my husband to take notice of when my words become negative and gently remind me to correct it
3)take notice and self correct-my pausing to reflect on the thoughts that constantly enter my mind I can become aware of what is true and what is false, and can create the habit of focusing my thoughts "on things above."


"If we look down, then our shoulders stoop. If our thoughts look down, our character bends. It is only when we hold our heads up that the body becomes erect. If it only when our thoughts go up that our life becomes erect." D.L. Moody

I am linking this up with Iseeds fellowship

1 comment:

  1. Loved the verse you started off with! Stopping by from iFellowship to say hi!

    ReplyDelete