Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cranberry Walnut Cake



So I mentioned last week our fridge went out. I had to sort through what needed to be frozen in the deep freeze and what could be used up. I had purchased 2 bags of fresh cranberries back when they were 50 cents a bag and they had been sitting in the freezer. I hopped online and
found this recipe. I was thrilled to be able to use all the cranberries at once. One challenge I enountered while searching for a recipe is that most cranberry recipes seem to include orange. I cannot have orange or grapefruit, they give me migranes.

So, as you can see this batter was pink, but when the cake bakes it isn't pink. This recipe got HUGE thumbs up from the whole family. My younger son didn't like the walnuts.

This would be excellent as muffins or a bread as well.






  • 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  • Ingredients:
  • 3 cupsSugar
  • 4 wholeEggs
  • 1 cupSoftened Butter Plus 1-2 Tablespoons To Saute Nuts
  • 3 cupsFlour
  • 2 TablespoonsExtract (vanilla Or Almond)
  • 4-1/2 cupsFresh Cranberries
  • 1/2 cupChopped Pecans
  • 1/2 cupChopped Walnuts

2. Cream sugar and eggs, then beat in 1 cup butter. Mix in the flour and the extract.

3. Stir in fresh cranberries.

4. Saute chopped pecans and chopped walnuts in 1 – 2 tablespoons butter.

5. Add nuts to the batter.

6. Bake in two PAM-sprayed 8 x 8 pans for 30 minutes.

7. Reduce oven temperature to 325 F and bake for 35 – 40 minutes more.

8. Let cool completely before removing from the pan.


I'm linking this with Tuesdays at the Table, Miz Helen's Country Cottage , What's Cooking Thursday

1 comment:

  1. Cranberries are one of my favorite fruits. This cake looks awesome and we would really enjoy it. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete