Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, June 17, 2011

Book Review: Cure for the Common Life


I don't think I could have found a more time appropriate book to read. For the past year I've been in a place of waiting expectantly on the Lord for future decisions. As my babies are no longer babies and the hunger for full time ministry and re-appeared I have found myself stumbling down a path wondering repeatedly if I made a wrong turn.

Max Lucado has written a book that allows the reader to actively connect God given gifts and talents with life career and calling. Through self reflection, prayer and scripture anyone who reads this book and answers the questions honestly will be able to walk away confidently answers the question "What has God created me to do?". What I further appreciated about this book is that Lucado speaks to specific instances where human disappointment may develop and gives biblical, rational arguments of how to change that attitude.

Emphasizing that we are ALL created with unique blueprints designed by God Lucado not only encourages the reader that they can and should search for their calling, but that they can look outside the box for this calling and perhaps serve the Lord in a way others may not have thought possible. I give this 5 out of 5 stars.

For further study there is currently a 6 week study hosted by Tommy Nelson Publishers including weekly online chats with Max Lucado.

I am reviewing this book in exchange for a free copy of it. The opinions in this post are my own. If you would like to be considered for book review sign up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment