Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, June 24, 2011

Book Review: Bonding with the Blonde Women

I had the privilege of hearing Ellie Lofaro speak a few months back and fell in love with her message. Ellie spoke truth in a loving way and yet her message was filled with scripture and very to the point. Ellie referred a few times to her book Bonding with the Blonde Women and I knew it would be one I would enjoy.

This book is a compilation of short commentaries on a variety of subjects. Ellie takes the reader through her thoughts as a New Yorker on Sept 11, 2001, living in close proximity to the DC sniper, adjusting to ministry in a new town and raising her 3 children. Each story is filled with humor and Christ and her personality. My favorite story was one about the history of how O'Hare airport got it's name. Another that made me laugh was her surrendering to God in learning to love the "blonde women". I think this book is filled with illustrations I will refer back to time and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment