Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Leftover Cranberry Apple Bread




For Thanksgiving I wound up making Fannie Farmer's mac and cheese with two adjustment. I used reduced fat Lactaid instead of milk and cream. I also held the bread crumbs.

I also made a new cranberry sauce that was WONDERFUL!

Since it was just a few of us for dinner (and a sick kiddo who didn't eat) we had leftovers. I took some of the cranberry sauce and adapted this recipe:



  • 2 cups flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 egg, well beaten
  • 1/2 cup oil (veggie or canola)
  • 1 1/2 cups cranberry sauce
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)

It will be a great addition for breakfast and would make awesome muffins as well.
**Note: because of the cinnamon in the cranberry sauce recipe I didn't add additional seasoning, but I think nutmeg might be a nice addition or perhaps another spice.

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
  2. Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in orange juice, orange peel, shortening and egg. Mix until well blended. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread evenly in loaf pan.
  3. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Wrap and store overnight.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great recipe. I love anything with cranberries! Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by earlier.
    Anxious to check out more of your site. I love scouting out deals :)

    ReplyDelete