Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Jessica's Rice













My friend Jessica was born in the Dominican Republic. She was kind enough to teach me her rice recipe before moving. I try to make it whenever we have a spanish type dish.

1 can chicken stock
1 c water
1 1/2-2 c rice
a heaping handful of frozen mixed veggies

Add chicken stock and water to pot and bring to a boil. When water is at simmer stage add seasoning and veggies, wait for water to come to full boil then add rice. Cover, simmer until rice is cooked through, about 20 min or whatever package says. Serve hot. (This freezes really well)

**edited! I have linked the sazon product above. I am able to purchase mine in the ethnic isle at Walmart.

2 comments:

  1. Do you know where to buy the sazon seasoning packets? I have never seen those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading my question and linking to the Sazon. One of our Walmart's carries it, I need to buy some to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete