Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Baked Mac and Cheese Hunt


My husband requested one thing for Thanksgiving Dinner. I quote: "Real Mac and Cheese, made in the oven, not the crockpot". I've attempted his mother's recipe a few times and I'm never happy with the way it turns out, so I've been on the hunt. I THINK I have settled on this recipe: BUT, if you have a tried and true recipe, let me know, I'm up for suggestions! :)

Directions:

Prep Time: 20 mins

Total Time: 40 mins

  1. 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
  2. 2Cook and drain macaroni according to package directions; set aside.
  3. 3In a large saucepan melt butter.
  4. 4Add flour mixed with salt and pepper, using a whisk to stir until well blended.
  5. 5Pour milk and cream in gradually; stirring constantly.
  6. 6Bring to boiling point and boil 2 minutes (stirring constantly).
  7. 7Reduce heat and cook (stirring constantly) 10 minutes.
  8. 8Add shredded cheddar little by little and simmer an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
  9. 9Turn off flame.
  10. 10Add macaroni to the saucepan and toss to coat with the cheese sauce.
  11. 11Transfer macaroni to a buttered baking dish.
  12. 12Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
  13. 13Bake 20 minutes until the top is golden brown

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear how it turns out! Please update or email me with the results - I would love a good mac and cheese recipe that didn't end up all separated and oily but instead was creamy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an easy mac and cheese, I mean really easy, that is great! I'm actually taking it over to my inlaws for Thanksgiving! If you need any other suggestions, its there!!!

    ReplyDelete