Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Homemade for the Holidays:Candied nuts



I'm starting a new series called homemade for the holidays. I'm hoping to bring you different recipes and crafts that will be useful for making your holidays a little more economical, but still easy and fun.

This recipe for candied almonds is SO easy, inexpensive and versatile. We made it with almonds this weekend and while we were snacking decided it would be wonderful on pumpkin seeds, mixed nuts and as a salad topper in addition to a great snack.

The most challenging part of this project was constant stirring of the nuts. If you have young kids I would wait until they are sleeping or someone else is watching them.

The recipe is SO simple:

1/2 c water
1 c white sugar
1 T cinnamon
2 C almonds

Mix ingredients together except nuts and bring to a boil. Add almonds and stir constantly until all liquid is dissolved. You can see from the picture it gets really sticky and syrupy.

Lay on parchment paper and separate with fork to cool. Enjoy!

I am also linking this to Have a Homemade Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Those almonds look so yummy! My sister makes something like that too and you have made me so hungry for them! I guess I will have to buy some almonds and make them. :-)

    Thanks so much for linking to A Handmade Christmas. I hope you will link up more projects over the next weeks.

    ReplyDelete