Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, October 15, 2010

Book Review: Praying Big for Your Marriage


This year as a coaching staff of wives we decided to spend the season in a concentrated time of prayer for our husbands and more specifically our marriage. I chose this particular book as a guide for us through this time and I was thrilled with it. Having never heard of author Will Davis Jr. before I did a lot of research and ultimately chose this book because Davis teaches you how to pray specific scriptures for your life.

The other wives and I actually started this book backwards by beginning with the 31 day prayer guide located in the back of the book. This was done in August which for football is the month when you barely see your husband and date night is pretty much non-existent. Each day there was a scripture chosen to pray specifically for an area of your marriage.

The chapters in this book touch on some major issues in marriage. What I appreciated was that each chapter gave practical application through scripture in how to strengthen and protect that area. My favorite chapter was the chapter devoted to praying for you husband. My favorite challenge in the book was the last chapter is praying for your marriage mission. Davis does an excellent job of creating a picture of the true partnership that marriage is and teaches each partner how to "carry their weight" through prayer, action and scripture application. I thought this Family Life Link gave an excellent summary of the book.

1 comment:

  1. I've just recently begun praying for my marriage, and some guidance would certainly be helpful. I'll be looking this book up!

    ReplyDelete