Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Black Bean Wraps

My sister-in-law passed this recipe along from the slim fast website and I have to say, I was a bit nervous at first. For some reason the mayo didn't feel right. BUT! This is a new favorite in our house!

I subbed minced garlic with plain black beans as I didn't have garlic powder. I would suggest adding the avocado for sure, it brought great balance. Also, I had some left over brown jasmine rice from dinner and mixed it in. VERY good. Over all, a great lunch/dinner option.


Black Bean Wraps

Ingredients:
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained (I bought flavored black beans)
1/4 cup light mayo
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
4 burrito sized whole wheat tortillas, warmed (I used regular tortillas, just made more burritos, but smaller)
1 1/2 cups low at cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 medium avocado, sliced


Directions:
In a medium microwave-safe bowl, mash beans with fork. Stir in mayo and garlic powder. Microwave 1 minute, or until heated through. Stir.

On tortillas, evenly spread bean mixture down centers, then layer on remaining ingredients; roll up.

No comments:

Post a Comment