Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tempt my Tummy Tuesday: Italian Seasoning

There are so many recipes that call for 1 T of Italian seasoning. My favorite is the Pampered Chef Italian Hoagie recipe. For a wedding gift we were given a spice rack that had Italian Seasoning as one of the herbs. It also had several I swore I would never use. Well, after the Italian was gone I looked up what all was in it and realized I WAS using all those seasonings, just together. SO, instead of spending $4-5 for a bottle of Italian Seasoning, I made my own. Here's my version:

2 tablespoons dried basil
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons dried thyme
2 tablespoons dried marjoram
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon dried sage

The original recipe calls for these to be blended together, I don't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment