Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Monday, August 16, 2010

Framed Silhouette


Still not cooking over here. My first born starts kindergarden this week and I have orientation twice this week! (yes you read that correctly, I have orientation) Anyway, we're in the middle of pre-season practices and this week starts 2-a-days, so we'll be seeing Daddy the only place we can...the dining commons! My sister-in-law on the other had is very happily crafting away these days and has another one to share! (And, yes, I know my niece is adorable! :))



Framed Silhouette

Take a photo of your child from the side view. Try to get them look directly in front of them. It’s best if you take the photo in front of a window or glass door, so their face ends up darker in the photo. Once you have the photo you want, there are a few options. I have Photoshop, so I made my photo black and white and then just chose the dimensions I wanted to print. If you have similar software, you can do the same. If you don’t have photo editing software, you can just print out the photo in whatever size you like. You can decide whether to print in black and white or color. Cut around your child’s profile, being careful to cut all the way past the shoulders and back. Add any tiny curls or wisps of hair to make it really look like your child. Now, using your photo as a stencil, trace around the profile using a white colored pencil on black scrapbook paper. Decide which way you want the profile to face, and trace on the BACK side of the paper in the OPPOSITE direction, so when you are finished, you can flip it over and the white lines that remain from your tracing aren’t showing. Attach to a background paper and frame! You can use tape, glue, Mod Podge, etc. I just used tape to start to prevent curling or bubbling of the paper. I may go back later and glue.


Still not cooking over here. My first born starts kindergarden this week and I have orientation twice this week! (yes you read that correctly, I have orientation) Anyway, we're in the middle of pre-season practices and this week starts 2-a-days, so we'll be seeing Daddy the only place we can...the dining commons! My sister-in-law on the other had is very happily crafting away these days and has another one to share!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great modern way to do this project! My aunt's did this with me and my brother when we were little and we had to sit still while they traced our shadow on a piece of paper taped to the wall - I love this option! I may even make one of my dog! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete