Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Monday, August 9, 2010

Crib Bumper Pocket








Since I'm taking the rest of the month off from cooking I am going to feature an adorable craft by sister-in-law did this last week. I told her I thought she should get a patent for it.

Crib Bumper Pockets

My daughter likes to have quiet time in her crib at times, especially when she’s just waking up. I needed something to hold a few toys that were safe to have in her crib so when she needed that time, or was just waking up, she would have those items within her reach to play with.

I also needed a smaller pocket to hold her pacifiers. She’s been waking up in the middle of the night because her pacifiers have fallen to the floor. I wanted the smaller pocket to hold extra pacifiers for her so if she woke up without them, she’d know where to find more and I wouldn’t have to go in and find them for her.

Here’s how to make your own:

Decide where you want your pockets to go. Using pinking shears, cut the fabric just a little smaller than the section you will sew it onto.

Pin the sides and bottom of the fabric pocket onto the bumper. Using the zigzag stitch on your sewing machine, carefully sew the sides and bottom onto the bumper. If you don’t have a machine, you can always stitch this by hand or maybe try using Velcro or fabric glue.

That’s it! My daughter went to bed tonight without a peep. When I checked on her, she was sleeping and her toys were all out of her little pocket. Totally worth it!



1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I told your sis-in-law to patent it too! She's a rockstar mama.

    ReplyDelete