Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Product Shout Out

Trader Joe's Multi-Grain Pancake Mix

My kids LOVE pancakes and waffles. I love for my kids to eat healthy. One of my favorite "go to" items at Trader Joe's is their Multi-Grain Pancake Mix. You get 6 cups of mix for $1.99. The mix has corn meal, whole wheat flour, oat meal and other flours. It can be a bit hearty. Generally I make a whole box of mix at once, add an extra half cup of milk then the directions state and add a large can of pureed pumpkin to it. I make piles and pile of pancakes and waffles, freeze them, and my family happily eats them for about a month for breakfast. I have also on occasion added cinnamon and nutmeg to help draw out the pumpkin flavor. This does take a bit of work, but considering it can cost over $2 for 10 microwave pancakes, it's worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment