Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tempt my Tummy Tuesday: Apple Sauce made with Zucchini

for more recipes check out here or
For more Tempt my Tummy recipes got to www.blessedwithgrace.blogspot.com
If you are like me, this is the time of year when Zucchini are being randomly dropped off because there is SO much of it! After handing out a whole bag of these babies, I still had enough to fill my 8 gallon croc pot!
As you can see, the Zucchini has been pealed and sliced. I also took out all the seeds.
Next, it cooked for 10 hours.

I ran my emersion blender through it
and strained it
To create a sauce that has the taste and texture of apple sauce!

Recipe:
1 can frozen apple juice concentrate
Zucchini peeled and de-seeded to fill the croc pot
1-2 apples also peeled and chunked up
sugar, cinnamon, vanilla to taste

Cook the zucchini until it is much. Blend or mash until desired consistency. Flavor to taste. I used 3 tsp. of sugar and will add brown sugar and cinnamon to individual servings.

If you have kids who decided this isn't apple sauce, this sauce will work as a great substitute for apple sauce in recipes. For example, in pancakes, waffles, zucchini bread, other quick breads, etc. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. I like this idea for homemade babyfood too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant use of zucchini. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try this recipe on Thursday. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a large zucchini we had cucumber giveaway at church on sunday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would have never thought of it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvelous! I will definitely have to try this. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us! :)

    ReplyDelete