Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Notebook Experiment: freezing cookies

A few housekeeping notes before the experiment.  

1) Check out my guest post on Money Saving Mom here.  
Just an update, we finally had our taxes files and our total debt pay down since October is closer to $9,000!!

2) I posted about a bread starter here.  I have an extra now, so if you are in the area and want to try homemade bread drop me a comment here or on facebook and it's yours!





Notebook Experiment taken from Amy's Notebook 2.5.08

Experiment: Freezing cookies

Results:  SUCCESS!



We make a lot of cookies in our house.  My husband is a college football coach, and I have been known to send a few dozen cookies to an injured player.  We send them home with our babysitters to share with roommates in the dorms, and I send them to the office.  

We all know the best part of a homemade cookies is the freshness which is quickly spoiled even with proper storage.  SO, awhile ago I started freezing cookies in logs wrapped in wax paper.  The problem with that is portion control.  I had a hard time slicing the cookies to a good size post freezing.

I have no idea why it didn't cross my mind previously to this post, but I finally had a lightbulb go on.

A few weeks ago the boys and I made these cookies.  I made a few and froze the rest of the dough in balls.  We've enjoyed fresh baked cookies twice since then, and I am THRILLED with the results.  I'll never go back.




3 comments:

  1. Yum! I still need to do this! Thanks for that reminder and for participating in the Notebook Experiments!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to freeze the dough in balls! Do you let them thaw completely before baking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, I've been baking the cookies with the dough frozen. I'm sure thawing would work too, but I'm not that patient!

    ReplyDelete