Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesday: Healthier Pasta sauce

So, tonight for dinner we are going simple.  Spaghetti and Meatballs.  And to make things even more simple, we'll be eating pre-made ground turkey meatballs from Trader Joes.  The boys are really excited because I got pasta shaped like Lighting McQueen on clearance at Aldi, so we are having "Cars Pasta and Meatballs tonight." :)

Here's my kitchen tip:  Add a 1/2 cup of vegetable puree to your sauce.  I usually add califlower or carrots because those are veggies that are a challenge for my family to eat in raw form.  This is a tip I picked up from Deceptively Delicious.  I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Hiding veggies into sauce is always happening around our house. Have you tried the sweet potatoes in the mac n' cheese yet? It is so killer! So rich and smooth. won't go back.

    ReplyDelete