Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Toy Review: LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Alphabet Set

LeapFrog is one of my favorite toy companies.  Their Alphabet toys do not disappoint.

I still swear that my now almost 4 year old learned the Alphabet song by listening to this toy over and over.

I like it because:

1. It promotes fine motor skills when putting the letters in the box
2. It teaches each letter individually 
3. The tune is catchy :)
4. It is lightweight and can travel (see note below)

Why I don't like this toy:
The pieces get everywhere

I found a note in parenting mag:
Keep them busy in the car by bringing a cookie tray and magnets.  This toy would work great for that activity.

2 comments:

  1. I also LOVE this toy and combined it with the word whammer and you have twice as many letters to get all over! Our former babysitter also got Lily the farm animal set and it is great (although it hasn't made it to our house yet). I don't know that Josh could handle the kids having this in the car, but I might be able to. Great Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the farm animal set, we love it.

    ReplyDelete