Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Friday, March 6, 2009

Today's Craft



So, as many of you know my Papa passed away in October.  One good thing that has come from it is that we have discovered treasures in my grandparents house.  Above is a tarp that my great grandmother made and never turned into a pillow.  My mom estimated it to be from the 1940's.  I love it, and really want to display it in all it's glory.  I thought before I turned this into the traditional pillow, that I would see what you all think.  Is there a different/better way to display this heirloom?

1 comment:

  1. What about framing it? With a mat- so there is a little space between the needlework and the glass. Do you have a picture of your great grandma that could be displayed near it? This way, you don't have to worry about BBQ sauce or sticky lollipops "adding" to the beauty. The other thought I had was to make it into an evening bag, as needlework evening bags were very popular back then. (I have an antique one I use on occasion.)

    ReplyDelete