Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Today's Deals

I have to say, this week has been a little slow in the deal area.  I did take advantage of the Walgreens/Huggies deal.   I have a girlfriend who is having a baby soon.  So, I had 2 $5 coupons and the diapers were on sale for $10 per pack plus you got $10 back on $25 spent.  So, I got her 2 packs for free (after register rewards) and some overnights for Elijah.  I also had a coupon for Irish Spring body wash.  It was on sale an then a coupon for a free body wash printed out.  I took the $10 and after an inventory of our toiletries realized we are stocked for about 6 mo. at this point all accept for my body wash.  This week there was a deal with Dove where products were 25% off.  I got the free Irish Spring wash and 2 dove body washes for $2 oop.  I didn't try to roll the Walgreens register rewards because I have to drive 30 min to get to a Walgreens and didn't want the pressure of wasting "free $".

While I was at Walgreens (with coupons in hand) I took some time to browse the isles.  Man was I glad I did.  I received several tuna coupons from Vocalpoint awhile back for $1 off a package of tuna.  Last week, the sale I have been holding out was finally there!  Tuna for $1.29/pk.  That allowed me to get 7 pkgs. of tuna at 29 cents a pack!!!!

So, this was a shopping trip out of my comfort zone for sure, but it was successful.  I guess the moral of the story :) is try new stores and see, but always with coupons in hand!

I have run across 2 recipes recently for homemade household goods I'm going to try soon:


No comments:

Post a Comment