Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Today's Craft


Our MOPS group had Project Parenting (a state grant funded program for 0-3yrs old) come for the day.  We made age appropriate games out of household items.  This game is a matching game and is for 2-3 year olds.  
I have to admit.  I was a little skeptical about this craft.  It was so simple.  4 paper plates, 2 more cut in half.  Staple to create a pocket.  Then, cut out 12 shapes in 4 colors.  (these are laminated) Staple 1 shape to the front of the pocket, and then you have 2 more to match.  

I hung the plates on door knobs around the house while the boys were napping.  When they woke up I gave each of them 1 elephant of the 4 colors and told them to race to put them in the plates.  My older son caught on right away and loved helping his brother get it right.  They played for about 45 minutes.  I would hang the plates different places while they sat in their room, then they would have to find them all over the house.  Our younger was able to match the colors himself easily, but this helps him with learning color names as well.


3 comments:

  1. Great blog, Beth! I just found it through Jessica's. Thanks for all of the great ideas and resources!! What fun. I have gotten quite addicted to deal finding!! :)

    I think we'll have to try this game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute idea!! I will have to remember this one and try it out once things are a bit calmer at my house (we just moved!)

    ReplyDelete