Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Notebook Experiment: Silver dollar pancakes


For more on Notebook Experiments check out Amy's Notebook at MomAdvice.

I have to say, I was a little hesitant to try these considering the recipe calls for sour cream.  And...

I was right.  These pancakes tasted fine.  They were very different from the pancakes I usually make.  Much lighter and more souffle like.  I had a hard time flipping them (most likely my kitchen utensils) and didn't like them when the first came off the griddle.  After a few rounds I added some more flour to the batter, and that seemed to firm them up enough to fit my pancake batter flipping skills. :)

My kids loved them, and ate them all up.  I passed.  My husband's response was that they were fine.  

SO, I think I'll stick to our family recipe:
  • 1 ¼ cup flour
  • 2 ½ tsp baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • ¾ tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 ¼ cups milk
  • 3 Tablespoons melted butter



1 comment:

  1. Bummer! You win some you lose some, right? Well, now that I know that I will skip this recipe and try yours instead :)

    ReplyDelete