Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesday: Chicken Tostadas

This recipe is from Robin Miller:

Chicken Tostadas

1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 c prepared salsa 
eight 6 inch corn tortillas
1 tsp ground cumin
salt and pepper
2 c shredded romaine lettuce
1 c diced fresh tomato
1 c shredded cheese 

Miller suggest boiling the chicken to cook it.  I cooked mine in a glass dish along with the oven fried chicken.  

Take baked chicken and shred.  Add to salsa.  

Arrange tortillas on prepared baking sheet, spray them with cooking spray, sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper to taste.  Bake 6-8  min.

Serve 2 tortillas per person.  Top with chicken, lettuce, veggies, cheese and other toppings as desired.

Here's my tip:  Instead of buying salsa I have been using Homemade Gourmet's  Maria's Salsa Dip Mix 
to make my salsa.  It is very good, tastes fresher then jarred, and I think in the long run is less expensive.  Simply add a can of rotel and a can of tomatoes and 1-2 T dip mix, then puree.  I use my emersion blender.



4 comments:

  1. You are so funny! I really like this show too. I used to DVR it everyday but she makes alot of recipes with weird (to me) ingredients so I stopped recording it. I do watch it still occassionally though.
    The recipes you posted sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! ANother Robin Miller fan. I adore her and the fact that her recipes are easy and have one or two new ingredients for me to try. I have tried many of her recipes and have LOVED all but a few. These tostadas are one of my husband's favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not very familiar with Robin Miller, but this recipe looks SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the salsa tip - I've only ever seen recipes for making the whole thing from scratch.

    Summer

    ReplyDelete