Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Monday, March 23, 2009

A cool deal

So, my birthday is coming up soon.  Normally I don't make a big deal (although I am quick to tell anyone who asks that a birthday is your day to be celebrated and you should be.)  Anyway, After my hubby spent last week on a missions trip leaving me home alone with our 3 and 2 year old...I decided to make sure I got a sweet date night out close to the big day.

SOOOO...I went to ebates, found that they are giving 15% cash back on restaurants.com purchases and there was a coupon for purchase of a $25 certificate for $4.  I found a restaurant I was interested in, read all the fine print and purchased it.  When I went to do so, I realized that paypal is one of the options for purchasing.  AND, I had enough in my paypal account from the money I've earned on this blog to pay for the gift certificate.  Thanks readers!

Now, this process took a few extra steps.  BUT, I paid $4 instead of $10, and am getting 15% of that back.  Plus, I didn't even see the $ because it was sitting in my paypal account.  I think it was worth it considering the entire process including scheduling a reservation and printing out a map took 20 minutes.

Our regular babysitter is scheduled, she babysits in exchange for doing her laundry and getting a home cooked meal.  So, for under $25 (I'm guessing after viewing the menu) we should have a great night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment