Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Book Review: Deceptively Delicious

Jessica Seinfeld came out with a cookbook a few years ago.  I saw it first on Oprah and knew immediately I needed it.  My sons at the time were 2 and very young.  We were struggling through the picky eating stage and I was exhaused and feeling like a failure.  Jessica said on the show that she needed a way to get her kids to eat veggies without the fight.  I perked up, got online and added the book to my wish list immediately.

I've tried about 15 of the recipes and have adapted all of them to fit our tastes and lifestyle.  The best tip: pureed cauliflower to the boys scrambled eggs.  It adds fiber, vitamin c and even bulk to the eggs.  

One thing I have learned is that the pureeing can seem overwhelming.  Seinfeld has a great step by step including suggested tools at the beginning of the book.

My strategy is:
1) frozen veggies on sale or fresh from farmer's markets
2) snack size baggies
3) emersion blender
4) don't be afraid to microwave in a pinch

No comments:

Post a Comment