Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today's Deals

Target Deal alert from Deal Seeking Mom.

I went to Trader Joe's yesterday.  It was quite the trip as what is normally an hour drive was 9o minutes each way.  I had good company and was without kids, so really, it was fine. :)

I found chicken sausages there 5 for $3.50 in 7 varieties.  This is $1.50 less then Walmart, and you get an extra sausage.

I also got 8 whole wheat pitas for $1.60, much less then closer area stores.

My Better n' Peanut butter that I live on is $3.99/jar there, as opposed to $8!!! per jar at Dierbergs.

Trader Joe's also has a great price on dried fruits and wonderful variety.  

They also have a great Multigrain Pancake Mix for $1.99.  I made the whole box last night with a can of pumpkin and made 30 belgin waffles (thanks Patty!) and the boys are eating them up.

A new thing I found to try is premade, precooked frozen turkey meatballs.  I know some of you just groaned, how could I not make these from scratch!!!  I do, but takes a lot of time, and these are a healthy option in a pinch, or when it's just me and the kiddos.

So, even though it took me half a day to get this shopping done, we split gas, had a fun time chatting, and I stocked up on some items that I would love to make "staples" in our house, or less!

What do you like at Trader Joes?

No comments:

Post a Comment