Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Today's Craft

Curtains:

We are blessed to have a home that is built in such a way that we can have college students live in our basement.  This semester we have 2 girls who are awesome, and have really tried to create a home in their space.  It was discovered that the curtains I purchased for the basement didn't really give all the privacy needed.  This is because the girls don't fill the windows with pillows (AHEM!  to the former male occupants who read this :))

SOOO, I needed to create a quick, CHEAP, curtain that allowed for privacy.

After making an apron as part of Fathers Day and 3 cool capes for my sons and nephew, I still had a bunch of black fabric I had gotten in the dollar bin at Walmart.  I thought it was enough for 2 new curtains.  It wasn't.  BUT, I was able to turn the ruffled curtain on the table, to the privacy curtain you see below on the basement window.

  What did I learn?  Although this "quick fix" doesn't look perfect, it took me about 30 minutes to do both curtains from start to finish.  It cost me nothing to do, and it serves it purpose.  Plus, now I don't have to figure out what to do with the pre-existing curtains.  Of course, if we move, I wouldn't take these with us, and if/when we have the extra cash this would go on the "needs improvement" list.  BUT...I consider this success b/c the goal was obtained.

No comments:

Post a Comment