Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Monday, February 23, 2009

Picatta Chicken

Another Trader Joe's Meal!

This is one of my quick go to meals that we have often.  

Take a whole chicken, thawed, 4-5 lbs.

Get a crock pot liner, and 3-4 golf ball sized balls of aluminum foil.

Place the liner, the the foil in the crock pot.  Place chicken on top of foil and season how ever you desire.  (I usually do chicken grill seasoning).

Cook in crock pot on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8.

Basically, until the chicken is falling apart and cooked through.  From this point, you can take the chicken and shred it for a variety of meals, or do what I will be doing tonight.  Cut into 6 pieces and serve on the bone.

I'll be topping my chicken with this:

Our whole family loves this sauce!  I have to thank my friend Liz, I walked into her kitchen one afternoon while she was cooking with this.  I have been hooked ever since.  Anyway, I've looked into making this sauce from scratch, and I think it's more cost effective just to buy the jar.  This lasts us 2 meals.  I'll serve with Orzo pasta, steamed veggie and homemade bread.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't thought about cooking a whole chicken in my crock pot - thanks for the idea, Beth. Do I have to use a crock pot liner or is that just to aid in clean up?

    ReplyDelete