Labels

about (1) book review (164) Budget Tips (27) crafts (90) CWW (94) Deals (578) favorites (15) homemade for the holidays (13) MPM (213) pinterest (50) Recipes (371) seasons (43) Weekend Snacking (30)

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ground Turkey Tacos

I'm traveling this weekend with my kids, so we've gone simple this week.

Ground Turkey Tacos.  

I mix in black beans to the meat to stretch it and add fiber.  All but my 3 year old will eat it that way.  On the side I'll serve rice.  I call this "Jessica's Rice" but there is a better name I'm sure.

My friend Jessica is from the Dominican Republic.  We went to their house for dinner one night where she served this rice and I've been making it ever since.

1 1/3 c water
1 T olive oil
1 chicken bullion cube
1/2 c white rice
1 c frozen mixed veggies (adjust to taste)

Bring water to boil, about 2 min into this process add seasoning and cube.  About 1 min later add veggies.  Once water is boiling add rice and reduce to simmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment